Wellsville Lodge No. 356 History


In early 1897 several members of the Masonic Fraternity deeply wishing to secure a Lodge within their hometown got together to begin the planning of opening a Lodge in Wellsville.  Through much dedication and passionate work, their plans matured by spring of that year and a petition was signed and submitted with prayers to receive Letters of Dispensation granting permission to open a new Lodge.  Letters of Dispensation were granted and signed by Grand Master William M. Shaver on June 18th, 1897 naming the following office

John F Lamb – Master, Charles W Ewing – Senior Warden, and Francis A Prather – Junior Warden.


More to come…